Canadian Ombudsperson for Responsible Enterprise
Step 1 - Things to know before you file a complaint
- The Canadian Ombudsperson for Responsible Enterprise (CORE) can accept complaints about possible human rights abuses arising from the operations of Canadian companies in other countries, in the following sectors:
- garment (clothes, shoes or fabric)
- oil and gas
- You can file a complaint with the CORE by filling in the following form. Let us know if you need help or have questions. You can contact us at complaints-plaintes@CORE-OCRE.gc.ca, or phone us at +1 343 203 5060.
What about safety?
- People who want to file a complaint sometimes worry about their safety and the safety of people close to them. People may be scared of retaliation because of filing a complaint. You may also be worried about your job, your home or your property.
- We take retaliation or reprisal for filing a complaint or taking part in our complaint process very seriously. We talk to you about retaliation from our first contact with you.
- If you are worried about your safety or the safety of other people, you can talk to us about filing a complaint without giving your name by filing an anonymous complaint.
Can you file a complaint for someone else, for an organization, or for a community?
- Yes, you can file a complaint for someone else or for an organization or community if you show they agree (provide consent) that you file the complaint on their behalf.
Step 2 - Can we help you?
The CORE can only take complaints about certain things. If we can’t help you, we will try to find another organization that can.
Please answer all questions marked as required.
Report a problem on this page
- Date Modified: