What is a Canadian company?
All of these are Canadian companies:
- any company that is formed in Canada following the laws of either the Government of Canada or a provincial government. This includes government and private companies of any size
- any company that is owned by a Canadian company
- any company where a Canadian company makes the business decisions. This includes subsidiaries
- any company that is controlled by a Canadian company that is controlled by another Canadian company
A Canadian company may include a contractor or sub-contractor, or another company on its supply chain.
Note: We are set up by an Order in Council made by the Canadian government. The Order in Council defines a “Canadian company” for us.
More information – Order in Council
More information – Directory of Canadian Corporations
We take complaints about these Canadian companies:
- those that work outside of Canada
- those that work in the garment, mining, or oil and gas sectors
What if the company is NOT a Canadian company?
If you want to complain about a company that is NOT a Canadian company, we will try to help you find another organization that may be able to help you.
More information – Information for Canadian companies
Report a problem on this page
- Date Modified: